- Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st annually
- Cost of VVV membership – renewal: $60.00
- Cost of NEW VVV membership – includes jersey: $130.00
- You’ll also need to register with Cycling BC for mandatory insurance. This costs $40/$45. This can be done online: Cycling BC online.
Note on Cycling BC Membership/Insurance
A Cycling BC insurance provides comprehensive liability and sports injury medical insurance for individual riders while participating in club or other CBC sanctioned events. Once you have registered you will receive a Cycling BC membership card proving you are covered. Presentation of the card at several local bike shops will also entitle you to shop discounts. Purchase online The basic membership/insurance is $40 and is valid for activities within the club you select, Vancouver Velo Vets. If you wish to participate on rides or club events with other clubs you will need to purchase a Citizen License rather than the basic membership, which costs $45.
Once you’ve got your Cycling BC membership:
- print your proof of insurance, license purchase confirmation e-mail from Cycling BC
- read, complete and sign the membership form and waiver form
- submit with required amount from above (cheque made out to “Vancouver Velo Vets”
- send all of it to: Mike Coney, 102-633 North Road, Coquitlam, BC. V3J 1P3 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest riders are welcome but are required to complete a waiver form and bring it to the ride you wish to participate in. If you are bringing a guest please print a waiver for them and ask the guest to fill it in and sign it. What it takes to join a Velo Vets ride:
- Signed Velo Vets waiver or signed waiver & membership form.
- Capable of riding solo at an average speed of 26 kmph. (we ride on the road on road bikes. Bring any bike you have if you simply want to try things out first, but be aware of the pace.)
- Helmet (you must have an approved helmet, no exceptions!)
- Group riding experience is helpful but not required. We will show you how. Inexperienced riders may be asked to ride at the back of the group until they, and the group, are more comfortable.
- The rides are not supported, so be prepared in the event of a flat or mechanical.
- Check the ride calendar for options, times and start locations.
- Come out for a few rides to try things out. (we are happy for you to come out as a guest three times before you need to decide whether to join the club)
- Note that you must be a club member to participate in the time trials.
- Bring along some money as most rides include a midway coffee shop stop.